Friday, May 7, 2010

Now the Tooth Fairy too?!!

So, we're driving home today, just Holt and I, and he says, "Mom, tell the truth, is the Tooth Fairy real?...or is she something parents do so the kids can get money and feel proud that they lost a tooth?" Seriously, just like that! Oh, dear! Honestly I was very torn. Should I tell the story of the Tooth Fairy and say she's real to a kid like this? I just think he's too logical. Like I said before, I'll always stand up for my man Santa, but the others are walking the line on being ratted out. However, I went for it...sort of. I just said, "well, yeah, the Tooth Fairy collects teeth and she leaves you money. It's pretty cool...". Then I went on to tell a story about how when I was little I had this little tooth pillow, yada yada. I sort of distracted from the actual question. That worked for today. I can't decide what I'll say next time. What do y'all think?

2 comments:

  1. I just had the same talk with Maddy!! Funny how she asked me right in the middle of lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...you're gonna laugh but JoJO and I have forgotten to put the money out for the girls the last three times. We have had to sneak it up to their rooms and say it was knocked on the floor...seriously...they still believe..I don't know how! Too funny. Terri

    ReplyDelete